LED Lighting: What are the Benefits?
Date Posted:7 October 2016
At CLSA LED we’re all about LED lights. Well, obviously. We love them! We wanted to share some of the benefits of using LED lights versus other kinds of lighting, because while there’s a whole lot of information out there about LEDs, some of it can be confusing at times for people to know exactly why these light emitting diodes (LEDs) are the business! When you compare LED lighting solutions to other energy saving options on the market you’ll find that LEDs are by far the best - but let’s prove it.
1. LEDs have a huge amount of energy efficiency In today’s day and age LEDs are the most efficient way of lighting, with energy efficiency of around 80 to 90% as compared to traditional methods of lighting. What this means is that around 80 to 90% of the energy put into the LED is turned into light, while around 10 to 20% is turned into other forms of energy (like heat). Compare this to a traditional incandescent bulb - where it’s flipped around, and 20% of the energy turns into light and a whopping 80% of the energy turns into heat - and you see the benefits.
2. LEDs have a great lifespan You won’t be up a ladder and replacing your LEDs any time soon after installing them. LEDs have a great lifespan, with some lights lasting up to 100,000 hours. That’s eleven years of continuous operation. Yep, let’s just let that sink in for a bit! LEDs are different from other lights - because they can keep on going.
3. Your LEDs are really environmentally friendly LED lights are made free of toxic chemicals which can impact on your health and the health of your family. They are also 100% recyclable which means that you can reduce your carbon footprint. Awesome news for any businesses who are looking to make a more positive impact on the environment.
4. LEDs can handle a few knocks Your LED bulbs are built to last - and they are highly durable and able to withstand shock, vibration and external impact. Because of this they’re great options for outdoor lighting. You can expose an LED to wind, rain and other environmental factors without risk of them failing. That’s why more and more businesses and homes are making the move to the smarter choice: LED.
5. Your LEDs are going to save you money on your power bill (and will make your life easier) When you think about how many times you have had to change the lightbulb in your home or office that wasn’t an LED, and then think about how many times you changed an LED bulb - you’ll probably realise that you were up the ladder for the non-LED a whole lot more than for the LED. The saving you’re going to make on your power bills, on replacing lights, on labour required to change globes and bulbs… the LED really is the smart choice for your home or business.
Speak to us today about our incredible range of LED lighting solutions for your home or office. We can help you to move into a new era of lighting and amazing choice.